Grassroots Tosa cordially invites you to attend …
The Ryan/Romney Budget
What it means to you and Wisconsin
A Community Forum
Wednesday, Sept. 12, 7 – 8:45 p.m.
Wauwatosa Library- Firefly Room
76th & North Avenue
Learn the details of Congressman’s Paul Ryan policies and budget and how it will impact you and your family.
Learn how the Ryan Budget/Policies will:
- Cost America 1 million jobs
- Eliminate Medicare for seniors as we know it
- Reduce Medicaid healthcare services to the poor
- Shift the tax burden on middle class Americans
- Undercut our current social security system with proposals to “privatize” benefits
- Eliminate student Pell grants and loans for 1 million low income students
- Extend new tax breaks to Big Oil
- Allow wealthy corporations to unfairly influence our elections
- Restrict/ban a woman’s right-to-choose
- Oppose equal pay laws for women
- Undercut the important role of government and the safety net for seniors, children, and the disabled
- Dr. Robert Kraig, Executive Director of Citizen Action of Wisconsin
- Leon Burzynski, President of Wisconsin Alliance for Retired Americans (WIARA)
- Karen Royster – Wisconsin Research Director, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
Robert Kraig, (PhD, UW-Madison; M.A. University of Georgia; B.A. University of Pittsburgh) Robert became Executive Director of Citizen Action of Wisconsin in September 2009, after serving for nearly three years as Program Director. Over the past 13 years, Dr. Kraig has played a significant role in the Wisconsin public policy arena.
Leon Burzynski, President of the Wisconsin Alliance for Retired Americans, representing over 77,000 Wisconsin retirees — retired member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers–has been an activist for most of his life — served as village president, school board member, volunteer fireman, and EMT in his earlier years in Merton, Wisconsin.