Restoring Integrity to Wisconsin
Grassroots Tosa, along with countless Wisconsin residents, is alarmed and dissatisfied with the leadership of Governor Scott Walker. Not only has he failed to create jobs and improve the economy, he has divided our communities, alienated hard-working citizens, and misled the people of Wisconsin. Since his election, his record and actions clearly illustrate that he governs to protect the interests of his corporate friends, not those of us who work hard and take pride in our great state.
1. FAILED ON JOB CREATION: Walker promised to create 250,000 jobs, but under his leadership, Wisconsin has lost more jobs than any other state over the past year. Our economy is lagging behind the entire country. We need a leader who will look past ideology and party politics to get the job done.
2. FAILED THE MIDDLE CLASS: Instead of reducing the increasing tax burden on middle class and working families, Walker gave $2 billion in tax breaks to corporations — and as job numbers confirm, none of it is “trickling down” to ordinary citizens.
3. FAILED OUR SCHOOLS: Walker cut $1.6 billion from our schools – the largest cut in the nation – jeopardizing our kids’ education, as well as the economic competitiveness of our state.
4. FAILED OUR DEMOCRATIC TRADITIONS: Walker has disregarded Wisconsin’s traditions of honest, open and accountable government, with his secret meetings, rushed votes and his outright cooperation with out-of- state corporate contributors. Walker and his former county staff are the subject of a criminal investigation to determine their involvement in illegal campaign activities.
5. FAILED ENVIRONMENTAL RECORD: Walker has failed to implement sensible energy policies that would create clean energy jobs, reduce our dependence on foreign oil and protect our pristine natural resources, which provide the basis of our tourism industry.
6. FAILED ON HEALTH CARE: Walker has failed to rein in rising health care costs and stop insurance companies from discriminating against individuals with pre-existing conditions. Instead, he has made it more difficult for seniors, working families and those with disabilities to access basic health care.
7. FAILED ON WOMEN’S HEALTH: Walker gutted critical health care services for women – including cancer screenings and HIV testing – inhibiting thousands of women from receiving basic preventive care services.
8. FAILED ON WORKERS’ RIGHTS: Walker explicitly misled Wisconsin citizens, never stating during his campaign that he would strip fifty-years of collective bargaining rights from over 175,000 teachers, nurses, police officers and other hard-working citizens.
We can’t afford the failed leadership of Governor Walker and Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch. We need new leaders who will reclaim Wisconsin, restore the integrity of our political system and get us working again!
On June 5th Vote Tom Barrett for Governor and Mahlon Mitchell for Lieutenant Governor