Grassroots Tosa will be running a two-page ad in support of President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and Tammy Baldwin candidate for Senate in the Wauwatosa Now newspaper. The draft ad is attached. It briefly states why we think this election is so important. We believe that an ad co-signed by Wauwatosa residents will be effective in letting others know that their neighbors care about the future direction in our country.
A two-page color ad such as this costs $2,879 or more depending on color and placement. We already have quite a few neighbors and friends willing to chip in to help publish the ad. If you would like to make a contribution ($10-$50), please make a check out to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. You can drop checks off at 8205 Red Arrow Court or 2030 Church Street, or give us a call and we’ll pick them up.
Please look over the attached ad and let us know by Wednesday, October 24th if we can add your name to our list, and please drop off any donations by that date as well.
Thanks for your support for Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Tammy Baldwin. We hope to hear from you. Note: as we finalize the ad, we will likely make minor edits before final submission. Please let us know exactly how you want your name to appear in this ad.
You can contact us by email or phone:
Thanks for your support!
Grassroots Tosa Steering Committee Members:
Kristine Kroening and Al Nichols
Frank and Joanne Shansky
Open Letter to All Wauwatosa Voters
As concerned neighbors in Wauwatosa, we have come together across political lines to urge you to vote for
President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin on November 6th.
In spite of continual opposition from Congressional Republicans, President Obama has:
- Arrested the meltdown of the American economy and reversed the steep decline in employment
- Passed health care reform.
- Held firm in ensuring that the super wealthy in this country pay their fair share of taxes, while supporting lower taxes for the rest of us.
- Helped save the automobile industry.
- Ended the war in Iraq and is winding down the war in Afghanistan.
- Supported clean energy jobs.
- Steadfastly supported women’s health and the right to reproductive choice.
If President Obama and Vice-President Joe Biden are not re-elected, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will:
- Eliminate Medicare as we know it and turn it into a voucher program. Seniors will be on their own to find health insurance.
- Overturn health care reform.
- Cut Medicaid programs serving the poor, seniors, and disabled.
· Reduce taxes on the top 1% and raise them on the middle class.
- Eliminate federal support for Planned Parenthood, removing access to services such as free breast and other cancer screening.
- Eliminate environmental protections.
- Make drastic cuts in education, food and drug inspection, workplace safety, veteran services and law enforcement.
President Obama was handed an economy that was in free fall, because President George Bush slashed taxes for the wealthy, started two wars without any plan for paying for them, and allowed the top financial institutions to go unregulated. The result: the 2008 economic crisis. Romney and Ryan supported these policies when President Bush was in office, and now they hope we’ve forgotten that! We haven’t.
Vote Obama/Biden for fairness for the middle class, affordable healthcare and continuing progress toward a stronger economy!
Tammy Baldwin fights for the middle class
A progressive Congresswoman for 16 years, she:
- Fought to make millionaires pay their fair share of taxes.
- Is against privatizing Medicare and Social Security.
- Supports strong tariffs on China in order to protect Wisconsin manufacturing jobs.
- Stands for education reforms to make colleges and technical schools more affordable and accessible.
- Supported the Affordable Care Act.
- Opposed the war in Iraq and advocates bringing our troops home from Afghanistan.
- Supports family farms, clean air and water, and environmental protections.
Vote for Tammy Baldwin for Senate and let her continue to work for you!
This ad is paid for by named voters of Wauwatosa. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee. Questions? Call 414-801-5592